Pages

Monday, August 1, 2016

Weekly Post: 7/17 - 7/23

Sunday, 7/17:
We returned to our old stomping grounds - our townhouse we lived in between July 2014 - July 2015. We never took a picture of the outside. So, I forced Ben to stop by to snap a picture for record's sake.
The actual purpose of our visit was a game night with Brian and Katie where they spoiled us with snacks, a cute baby, fun times, and, most importantly, cookies. We forgot to take a picture until we got home; naturally, we texted Brian and Katie for pictures too. They responded with these! Hahah. 

Monday, 7/18:
Kathryn and I went on the slow roll! It's an organized bike ride where hundreds of people meet up and bike various scenic routes through Detroit. These kind of city events make me happy. This one rode along the riverfront for a bit. 

Notice: my hair looking super wet and shiny. I tried the whole lemon juice in the hair thing during the bikeride. My hair is getting darker and darker, but I'm too cheap to dye it.  The results are inconclusive. Sometimes I think I catch a hint of a lighter strand, but then a moment later, I can't find it.

Tuesday, 7/19:
I told myself that with all the stuff that I had to do, I wouldn't be social again on Tuesday. But my friends from work both had really stressful days, so...of course, I ended up inviting them over. We chatted and laughed. And then the neighbors came over to play with Kingsley. I laughed at how we teachers naturally resorted to our chaperoning mode. I had to take a picture.

Wednesday, 7/20:


Ben finished the fence! It is so nice to be able to leave Kingsley outside without watching him! And it really matches our house well.
This morning I took a picture of the view from our house. Ben finds it funny, but I love the view. It's quintessential suburbia. And I love it.

Thursday, 7/21:
One of my favorite students, Terrance, finished summer school. Cutting half of himself out of the picture was intentional. I know, because I asked. 
Kingsley's favorite new food: my slippers. 
Kingsley's FOMO (fear of missing out) is intense. Here he is jumping into Ben's lap while he is taping up a package. 

Friday, 7/22:
In the morning I went to get my haircut. I went to a local hair school where it was cheap. The whole process took 3 hours, and I left looking with a 2000's version of 'The Rachel'. This picture was after about 20 minutes of my drive and my trying to comb through my curled ends. 
Lake day with Harry, Sarah, and Everett! We used their paddle board and swam around with our puppy and baby. We were quite the spectacle. Then we ate tons of food at Harry and Sarah's. Rhett continued to prove what a fearless baby he is, as he repeatedly approached our ferocious puppy.

Saturday, 7/23:
John arrived! He is one of our best friends from our days at BYU who is now finishing up medical school (finally! the slacker...and by that I mean: sarcasm). John is staying with us for a month while he does one of his fourth year rotations. This first night we walked along the riverfront and ate ice cream. So great to have him here!

No comments:

Post a Comment